Saturday, March 14, 2009

Friday the 13th Went Good, Its the Morning of the 14th That Gets You

Even though there is a superstition with Friday the 13th I found it a lot worse on the 14th.

The 13th was a good day. Started the morning with a pop-tart. Got to school and had a couple donuts. Went to the nursing home for career investigations and helped old people exercise. Those folks were so funny and still full of life. The ones that don't go to the exercise sessions on the other hand, not so much. Went back to school, study hall, was...study hall. There was no driving force to do anything in anatomy, even though we dissected.

The funniest part of the day came in peer tutoring Math 7. We're in the section of using negative numbers. This is very elementary material, so I thought. There was a simple problem in there homework. 6-(-2)=_. Seems simple, no so much. The kid rights down the answer. As I'm making my rounds I notice that the answer is wrong and try to help. The student put down 4. This student is a smart kid, probably a B student. All the advice just went through him. The student was set on his answer. Then I could see it come open his face that he was wrong and he couldn't believe he made a stupid mistake. I thought it was funny, if you don't, o well.

Lunch, good. Ap Bio, manageable. Ap Lit, just great. Prob & Stats, filling. DQ, even more filling.
Daryn's Birthday Party, I was really full.

I go to bed around 10:30 that night, thinking it was a good time givin the circumstances. I had to get up at 4 to bring my parents to the airport. My dad drove up and I watched the route carefully, remembering where to turn. They get dropped off at the airport. There I am thinking it would be easy to get home, wrong. Tom + Twin Cities = one lost puppy trying to find his way home. So I spent about 1 hour just driving around. I was on the right road once, but missed the exit. There were so many times when I saw the road I needed to be on, but couldn't find a way to get to it. Being the man that I am I refused to go ask for directions, I resorted to hitting the stirring wheel multiple times. When I knew I was home free, I got really excited. As I was doing my victory dance a couple in the car next to me gave me a funny look. I waved, they sped up, I continued to do my victory dance. As you can read from this message, chances are I made it home.

Piece, thanks for reading

2 comments:

  1. hey tom, so this blog thing is pretty sweet and u spent a but load of time on it lol now Krista and i can stalk you every day this will be so much easier then following u around all the time

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha gracias pat...hoorah for blogs...and glad you made it home!

    ReplyDelete